BIM: Project Examples
Holiday Inn Express Red Bank
- Viewed 2D plans in 3D so the client could see the building in 3-dimensions.
- Rendered interior and exterior renderings for a press release for the Owner an for marketing to future investors.
- Reviewed all of rooms to allow the Owner to provide GC with mistakes found in the past during construction due to information being unclear or missing from the 2D drawings.
- Resolved over 1,000 architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and
- plumbing system before beginning construction in the field.
Detailed list of B.I.M. accomplishments:
- 369 clashes between mechanical and plumbing systems.
- 11 clashes between electrical and plumbing systems.
- 194 clashes between mechanical and structural systems.
- 11 clashes between electrical and structural systems.
- 5 clashes between plumbing and structural systems.
- 32 clashes between ceilings and mechanical systems.
- 368 clashes between ceilings and plumbing systems.
- Overall, Resolved 1,060 clashes between architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system before ever constructing in the field.
- Shower seat locations.
- Added insulation.
- Shower door height.
- Shower walls to be marble.
- Shower rods to be included.
- Floor door stops to be included.
- Condensation below AC units in each guest room.
- Hub drain at all ice machines.
- Electric for the vanities.
- IHG furniture reviewed to be sure electric is included.
- The number of outlets to be checked.
- Troffer at the dryers.
- No concrete at dryers.
- Conduits at: desk/reception, PBX.
- Music/camera systems in the work area.
- CAT6 wiring at east and west egress doors.
- All floor drain locations.
- All blocking locations.