BIM: Project Examples
- Viewed 2D plans in 3D so the client could see the building in 3-dimensions.
- Modified the mechanical systems to allow for correct ceiling heights requested by the clients.
- Completed additional drive-bys and renderings to be sure the building was meeting the clients needs aesthetically.
Detailed list of B.I.M. accomplishments
- Saved approximately $20,000 by removing roof screening by completing drive-bys to be sure the HVAC equipment would be hidden on the roof.
Modified the exterior coping, materials, sign, canopy,
and site-work to allow the client to be sure the building’s aesthetics were meeting the client’s needs.
- Viewed the lobby, training room, conference room owner’s office, and open workspace to allow the client to be sure these spaces were meeting the client’s needs.
- Changed interior window mullion colors to provide 4 different color options.
- Rendered the interior of the building with artificial and day–lighting. (artificial lighting was an additional service.)
- Resolved 169 conflicts between the 3rd floor ceiling and mechanical systems to be able to provide the client with the requested 10’-0” ceiling height.
- Resolved 88 conflicts between mechanical and sprinkler systems before ever constructing in the field.
- Resolved total 124 conflicts between mechanical, structural, and sprinkler systems (additional service) to be able to prevent the addition of soffits or lowering of ceilings during construction.
- The client was able to e-mail or call for 3D images/ renderings and received these via drobox/e-mail with a few hours/days.
- Client received 53 interior and/or exterior renderings. (additional service.)
- Saved approximately 3 months construction time in the field.
Panoramic 360 Views
Click these links to view/move around in 3D!