BIM: Project Examples
- Built 2D plans in 3D so the client could be certain the building was meeting the client’s needs.
- Modified the mechanical systems to fit in between the structured systems before beginning construction in the field.
Detailed list of B.I.M. accomplishments
- Modified the size of the supporting beams in the Meditation Hall to be 12” x 18”.
- Modified the height of the wall sconces to be 8’-8” in the meditation hall.
- Relocated the baby changing station in the Women’s restroom into the accessible water closet stall in lieu of behind the restroom door.
- Modified the water closets to be wall-mounted.
- Added a floor drain to each of the large restrooms.
- The entire north elevation in the kitchen was modified. (2) 2’-6” x 4’-6” windows to be added in the north wall of the kitchen. The wall casework to include a 2’-0” microwave on each side and 2’-6” wide casework at the Northwest corner.
- Casework was modified to include casework above throughout the entire kitchen.
- The base cabinet between the stoves was eliminated so a shorter stove could be placed between to accommodate a large noodle pot.
- Removed rafters in all exterior elevations.
- (6) HVAC issues were resolved prior to construction, which would have led to re-fabrication, lowering of ceilings, and the addition of soffits in the field. These occurred in main spaces (i.e.: the meditation hall and foyer).
Panoramic 360 Views
Click these links to view/move around in 3D!